The Pentagon IT Operations Manager for a large DOD Information Technology NIPR/SIPR production environment on 24x7x365 basis supporting the Joint Service Provider’s (JSP) delivery of IT services to the Joint Staff in the Pentagon. Responsibilities include ensuring successful IT service delivery via leadership, coordination, synchronization and direction of subordinate team managers across contract functional areas including service desk, VIP Support, VTC, datacenter/server operations, application management, network operations, asset/inventory management, change/configuration management and problem management in an enterprise IT environment supporting the Joint Staff. The Pentagon IT Operations Manager will oversee a group of 70 to 80 personnel via approximately 8 direct-report subordinate managers. Direct report to the contract Program Manager for successful performance of all responsibilities.
• Manage the relationship and effective IT service delivery operations with multiple JSP government task monitors, other internal/external IT service delivery teams and IT service providers or partners that provide IT services to the Joint Staff within the Pentagon campus environment.
• Perform rotating on-call after-hours manager responsibilities to respond to system issues 24x7x365 via other contract and JSP on-call personnel
• Manage JSP and Joint Staff customer satisfaction requirements by providing leadership over all aspects of VIP support operations and participate in VIP support management oversight in cooperation with the VIP Support manager, ensuring service delivery and operations including reviewing and analyzing tickets/incidents/requests statistical analysis leading to service optimization
• Manage JSP and Joint Staff customer satisfaction requirements by providing leadership over all aspects of service desk operations and participate in service desk management oversight in cooperation with the service desk manager, ensuring service delivery and operations including reviewing and analyzing tickets/incidents/requests statistical analysis leading to service optimization
• In cooperation with the server applications manager, manage JSP and Joint Staff customer satisfaction requirements oversee the management of application-specific production support processes, coordinating the involvement of business and/or IT development resources in problem resolution as necessary.
• Collect, analyze and report SLA and Operations Maintenance metrics data for IT services environment. Take corrective action as warranted and approved. Work on continuous performance improvement initiatives
• Work with JSP and other IT partners/service providers to ensure appropriate prioritization for scheduled maintenance, including coordination of priorities across IT infrastructure when required.
• Coordinate JSP approval of production migrations and IT infrastructure changes.
• Provide leadership in critical issue resolution during the enterprise troubleshooting process.
• Facilitate and synchronize the hand-off of new release functionality and Change Advisory Board change requests from the engineering team to the Operations Maintenance team.
• Facilitate the gathering of business requirements to support Operations Maintenance activities as necessary.
• Coordinate select IT initiatives within the operations group.
• Identify enhancements or optimization to improve security, supportability, operability or performance of servers and applications. Develop supporting business case for suggested enhancements.
• Manage a staff of direct and indirect resources for their assigned operations and maintenance tasks and managing staff levels and forecasts; Ensure adherence of ASD and Government policies required by the contract and timely, effective written counselling of subordinates and team members who fail to adhere to required policies or performance standards.
• Optimize the mix of resources to obtain maximum results at the lowest cost
• Oversee the coordination and approval of the release calendar for all Operations Maintenance activity (code fixes and work orders)
• Coordinate support of Joint Staff scheduled COOP/DR exercises
• Planning and tracking multiple operations projects, resource planning and allocation, task delegation to accomplish project goals and objectives, ensuring timely resolution of issues, using escalation as necessary, creation of ongoing status and evaluation reports, and reporting on team member performance
• Top Secret clearance required
• 10 or more years of multi-disciplinary IT service delivery operations management experience with preference for service delivery management in a large enterprise IT environment
• 7 or more years of experience leading distributed teams and/or managing workloads and operations execution of subordinate team managers
• Minimum ITIL v3 Foundation certification and 5 years’ experience in ITIL v3 / IT Service Management (ITSM) implementation preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge with service delivery trouble ticketing application and management of ticket queues and data to achieve SLA metrics
• Project Management Professional certification strongly desired
• B.S. degree in related field and 10+ years of demonstrated experience in systems analysis or programming. Relevant and equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
• Must have excellent oral, written, and analytical communication skills including presentation development and delivery for senior Government clients.
Home | About
ASD | Solutions | Contracts | Partners | Careers | Best
Practice | Locations | Contact
Copyright Ã‚Â© 2007 Advanced Systems Development Inc. All rights
reserved | Site Map