JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the configuration, maintenance and administration of the Joint Staff (JS) network environment. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments, and functions as a technical expert. Evaluates system performance results and recommends changes affecting growth and success.
The Network Specialist (Journeyman) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and system maintenance network and storage resources. This person ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures follow organizational standards.
· Provides daily support and assistance forcomputer systems using the Windows platform in accordance with JS operatingprocedures in order to support existing service level agreements.
· Administers mission-critical infrastructure.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying theintegrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and keyprocesses, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion ofscheduled jobs such as backups.
· Provides technology support to team members ofthe Help Desk team as an escalation point for unsolved issues.
· Install new servers and configure hardware,peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance withstandards and project/operational requirements.
· Managingand maintaining computer systems and tools; finding and fixing issues withinsystems; and implementing, monitoring, and building tools that automaterepetitive tasks to minimize errors and prevent downtime. Troubleshoots networksystems and database structures when necessary and makes recommendations forimprovement.
· Develop and maintain installation andconfiguration procedures.
· Contribute to and maintain system standards.
· Research and recommend innovative approaches forsystem administration tasks, automated where possible. Identify approaches thatleverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Required Certifications: Security+ CE certified, VMWare VCA certification-preferably a VCP 5.5 or 6.0 cert, and additional Windows 10 certification
Education/Experience - Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or 1-3 years of directly related experience. Relevant and equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
Required Skills and Experience:
Three to five years of experience working with LAN/WAN infrastructures; and installing, migrating, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Windows 10 platforms.
Thorough knowledge and progressive hands-on experience supporting Windows platforms, tools and technologies.
Three to five years of experience utilizing VMWare VCenter/VSphere Web Client , and VMWare Horizon View Administrator.[w2]
Need to have at the very least the VCA- preferably the VCP- WIN10 Cert is preferable as well.
I modified this to be more specific with the required tools.
RequiredCertifications: Security+ CE certified, VMWare VCA certification-preferablya VCP 5.5 or 6.0 cert, and additional Windows 10 certificationSecurity Clearance- DOD Active TS
Home | About
ASD | Solutions | Contracts | Partners | Careers | Best
Practice | Locations | Contact
Copyright Ã‚Â© 2007 Advanced Systems Development Inc. All rights
reserved | Site Map