Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Incident Manager works as a part of the Service Desk team and analyzes incident data to direct restoration of IT service operation as quickly as possible with minimum disruption to the business and maximum end user satisfaction. The manager must communicate and coordinate effectively across internal IT functions, the Agency sites, regions, and third-party vendor(s). Responsible to ensure the Incident Management process integrates seamlessly with the other Service Management processes, including Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management and Asset Management.
Responsible to the Service Desk Manager to coordinate, facilitate, and lead the restoration of IT services for mission critical and non-critical Incidents and requests in a 6000 users DoD environment. Responsible for directing and synchronizing the resolution of IT operating issues and major outages, including failures and service level degradation. Assists in the preparation and distribution of incident notifications as well as user impact, incident summaries and root cause analysis documentation. In addition to the Service Desk Team, works with other teams such as Service Desk, Problem Management, Datacenter, Engineering and Network Service Providers using ITIL standards to create and maintain Incident Management Processes. Works with Service Desk and matrixed team members to track metrics on incident management. Produces metrics, incident trends analysis and reporting on IT services productivity. Performs functions as the Deputy Service Desk Manager in the absence of the Service Desk Manager.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Manage critical and non-critical Incidents to ensure timely resolution
* Initiation of incident management process for issues
* Validating classification of an incident as a major incident against major incident criteria and determining the scope of the major incident, escalate the incident/problem to Tier II/III/IV and other service providers as identified in the Service Desk and IT operations SOPs and SLAs.
* Obtaining and providing status on major incident recovery progress as needed and ensuring that the customers are contacted to confirm that the service has been restored to the customer's satisfaction (for incidents reported by a customer)
* Ensuring that the progress of the major incident recovery and all relevant times are documented in the associated Incident Record(s)/database
* Participating in the incident review session with all operations teams and management.
* Perform trend analysis and develop reports to take proactive actions in mitigating future incidents or problems
* Working with Problem Management team to ensure faster resolution and root cause analysis.
* Working with Service Desk team to understand the recurring issues and own those incidents.
* Coordination with internal and external IT teams.
* Ensuring correct execution of Incident Management Processes.
* Managing user escalations for Incidents.
* Communication to government, program leadership during outages.
* Creating Service Desk KPI reports/Dashboards and sharing with Management. Doing the trend analysis and suggesting the improvement areas.
* Work with Incident/Problem/Datacenter/Engineering team during the Incident outages for the enterprise.
* Responsible for quality process management within the Incident Management Process
* Review Incident and Problem Management reports, identifying action plans to improve performance indicators as necessary
* Monitor incident call queue and interface with Tier 1 and Tier 2 Analysts to track degradation or outage incidents from the onset.
* Coordinate Service Desk efforts in capturing pertinent degradation or outage incident information and coordinate restoration efforts IAW current Degraded or Outage Incident Response procedures
* Provide Service Desk Leadership with daily observations of trends, if noted, for their situational awareness with recommended course of action where appropriate.
* Use BMC Remedy Incident Response module and ITA Business Objects for ACD call management reports to capture data.
* Provide periodic reports in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and PDF format on Service Desk SLA performance.
* Analyze data in daily reports for trends. Validate the quality and fidelity of the data in support of continuous improvement process.
* Perform weekly deep dive review and trend analysis on all queues incident and request tickets.
* Meet, deliver and review deep dive results weekly with Joint Staff J6 DDITS Deputy Director, Pentagon North, and South Service Desk Leadership. Data is to be in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint format.
* Perform monthly rollup of weekly deep dive trend analysis to determine the Top Ten Customers in the Incident and Requests ticket types.
* Provide monthly reports in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint format on Service Desk SLA performance as a contract deliverable for the Joint Staff J6 DDITS Service Desk Leadership.
* Serves the Service Desk Manager in the absence of the Service Desk Manager:
* Direct actions of the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Queue managers to assist with management of ticket routing and resolution processes for Tiers 0, 1 and 2 to ensure timely completion.
* Initiate and evaluate workstation, mobility, and peripheral vulnerability remediation management processes for issues identified by Problem Management.
* Validate routing and resolution of Incidents IAW PWS criteria.
* Determine the operational impact and scope of Major Incidents and/or Critical Situations, escalating the incident to Tier II/III/IV and other service providers as identified in the Service Desk and IT operations SOPs and SLAs.
* Obtain and provide status on Service Desk-sourced security vulnerability remediation progress as needed and ensuring that customers are contacted to confirm that the service has been restored to the customer's satisfaction in the wake of any and all remediation activities.
* Ensure the relevance and documentation of all ticket queues in the associated Incident Record(s)/database
* Participate in Incident and remediation reviews with all operations teams and management.
* Review trend analysis reports to develop proactive actions in mitigating the size of Service Desk ticket queues.
* Work with Problem Management team to ensure faster resolution and root cause analysis.
* Work with Service Desk team to understand the recurring issues and champion those incidents.
* Coordination with internal, external, and cross-functional IT teams.
* Act as a liaison for service transition activities.
* Communication to government, operations, and program leadership.
* Coordinate staffing-related Service Desk KPI reports/Dashboards and sharing with Management.
* Review incident trend analysis and recommend areas of improvement.
* Work with Incident/Problem/Datacenter/Engineering teams during enterprise-wide outages
* 5-7 years of relevant experience working on Service Desk Operation with experience in a Service Management role, including proven success in an Incident or Problem Management role.
* Advanced knowledge of Incident Management & Problem Management processes
* Extensive experience with Remedy Ticketing system data management
* Should have ITIL exposure and should have experience working within ITIL frameworks.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio
* Exposure to Quality management would be a plus.
* Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
* Ability to absorb rapidly new technical information and apply it effectively
* Excellent judgment, tact, and decision-making ability
* Excellent management, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and organizational skills
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
* Ability to work and team effectively with clients and other management personnel.
* Ability to coordinate complex IT/technical investigations
* Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and people centric approach to understand employee needs as well as to manage employee expectations
* Self-motivated and result oriented to complete task as per timelines.
Education: B.S. degree in related field plus eight to ten years demonstrated experience in systems analysis or programming; B.Sc./BBA / MBA preferred
Certifications: DoD 8570 certification (Minimum Security + CE), Windows 10 Desktop Operating Environment certification; ITIL v3
Clearance: DoD Top Secret Clearance
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Home | About
ASD | Solutions | Contracts | Partners | Careers | Best
Practice | Locations | Contact
Copyright Ã‚Â© 2007 Advanced Systems Development Inc. All rights
reserved | Site Map