The Help desk Specialist will provide in-depth and high level, telephone support to end-user community on hardware, software, and network related problems, questions, and use. The Help desk Specialist will also provide problem resolution on the telephone with users.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Three to five years of demonstrated experience of various COTS software/hardware, and network products; Windows 10, MS Office 2013, etc.
· Thorough knowledge and progressive hands-on experience supporting Windows platforms, tools and technologies.
· Three to five years of experience in the set-up, configuration, use, and troubleshooting of computer
· Trained and certified in automated help desk management systems. Excellent oral and written communication skills
The Helpdesk Specialist (Journeyman) may perform one or more of the following duties:
· Troubleshoots, resolves, integrates, tests, and maintains operating systems environments such as, but not limited to: Windows 10, MS Office 2013, etc.
· Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other information system-related technologies
· Walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem. Classifies level, priority, and nature of problem.
· Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error; determines whether problem is caused by hardware such as modem, printer, or cables.
· Works with team members to identify issue trends and suggests long-term strategies to help mitigate incoming issues.
· Troubleshoots palm/handheld operating systems, architecture, data backup and recovery
· Familiar with workstation and zero client, server architecture, network infrastructure, and data transmission methodologies.
· Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation
· Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce help- line incident rate
· Consults with programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs
· Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
· Tests and troubleshoots software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work
· Writes software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
· Writes or revises user training manuals and procedures.
· Develops training materials such as exercises and visual displays.
· Trains users on software and hardware on-site or in classroom, or recommends outside contractors to provide training.
Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises.
Education/Experience - B.S. degree in Information
Technology or related field, plus three to five years of experience in
specialized field of help desk support.
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Required Certifications: Security+ CE certified, and
Windows 10 certification
Security Clearance - DOD Active Secret
Home | About
ASD | Solutions | Contracts | Partners | Careers | Best
Practice | Locations | Contact
Copyright Ã‚Â© 2007 Advanced Systems Development Inc. All rights
reserved | Site Map