Under the guidance of the WIC Coordinator, performs basic screening procedures for WIC clinic clients as assigned.
1. Maintains CPR certification.
2. High school diploma or equivalent, some office technology courses desirable.
3. Minimum of one year customer service experience preferred.
4. Effective communication skills, including neat and legible hand writing/printing.
5. Ability to alphabetize and add/subtract/divide/multiply as necessary.
6. Bi-lingual in Spanish/English as follows: Reading - Required. Written – Preferred. Speaking – Required. This position requires phone calls to Spanish speaking clients, distribution of Spanish language materials to clients, etc. Will serve as receptionist for WIC on rotating basis. Will read patient rights at registration. Will conduct nutrition-related health assessments. May be required to translate materials and messages from one language to another. Will be required to interpret nutrition assessment and counseling sessions and nutrition education groups.
7. Computer literate.