VNA Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans).
To read more about this, view the
EEO is the Law
poster and this
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Part-time Bilingual Patient Services Respresentative
21-400 N Highland
Non Regular Part Time/PRN
Employee performs accurate registration as well as clerical and record keeping duties to assist in the creation of high functioning, patient-focused clinic operation.
1. Utilizing the AIDET communications framework, consistently uses a professional, courteous approach to facilitate communication with patients, Providers and third party intermediaries.
2. Conducts client registration interview. Collects or confirms all necessary demographic, insurance, health, and financial information from customers at registration accurately entering it into the ESS.
3. Schedules appointments and records reason for visit on the patient notes in the scheduling software system.
4. Informs patients of any preparation or special requirements for their appointments
5. Provides travel directions to patients when necessary.
6. Accurately identifies patient in MPI
7. Verifies coverage and benefits thru on-line process for each appointment.
8. Identifies clinical and financial criteria that require involvement of case management team or Benefits Specialist.
9. Resolves clinical scheduling conflicts to accommodate the needs of all involved parties
10. Confirms patient’s payment sources utilizing on line systems; accurately interprets financial cues; provides patient with payment plan information or consults with a Team Lead, Universal Benefits Specialist or Coordinator as needed.
11. Responsible for explaining Health Center fee schedule to all clients and collection of fees based upon client income.
12. Identifies deductibles, co-payments and outstanding balances according to policy communicating the amounts due to the patient and the payment expectations.
13. Maintains annual goals for registration accuracy, call release status, call handle time and average department call answer time.
14. Understands and follows Health Center infection control policies.
15. Translates or obtains language line assistance for clients and staff as requested.
16. Responsible for other duties as assigned by AVP or Coordinators
17. Initiates communication with supervisor to ensure an efficient use of available work time.
18. Acquires a general knowledge of the workload and specialized knowledge of other job duties in the Health Center Revenue cycle through cross-training
19. Other duties as assigned.
1. Education as developed through the attainment of AS degree or equivalent work experience in a medical office or Hospital in a similar role.
2. Minimum of one year experience in medical office preferred.
3. Bilingual in Spanish/English as follows: Speaking – Required. Reading - Preferred. Written – Preferred.
4. Ability to alphabetize and add/subtract/multiply and divide as necessary.
5. Health policies and requirements met. (see Personnel Policies)
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
2. Manual dexterity sufficient to perform primary keyboarding, scanning and filing functions. 40 WPM preferred
3. Tactile, visual and olfactory senses intact.
4. Ability to deal with high levels of stress.
News and Events
Meet Our Providers
Care in the Health Center
Care in the Home
Centro de Salud
Employee Resources Portal
© 2016 VNA Health Care. All rights reserved. Design and Development by
J Rudny, LLC.